Blog of Laughter and Forgetting (Few Hundred Words of Garbage)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Big City Loneliness

It is only someone living in a big city, who can understand how lonely could one be in such places! For someone at a distance, a big city and the life it offers look so colorful that it is often quite difficult to visualize how hard and lonely life could be for someone living alone in such a city. Witnessing the fun and frolic that people around one is having, does not improve the situation a bit!

I arrived at the following song while searching for something else: viz., "Mamma Don't Let Your Babies Grow To Be Cowboys" by Willie Nelson. But after listening to this song, I realized how true the lyrics are! Here you go:
_______________________
Lonesome L.A. Cowboy
Lyrics: Peter Rowan
Music: Peter Rowan

[chorus]

I'm just lonesome L.A. cowboy
Hanging out, and hanging on
To your window ledge, callin' your name
From midnight until dawn
I been smoking dope, snorting coke
Trying to write a song
Forgettin' everything I know
Till the next line comes along
Forgetting everything I know

Till the next line comes along

So many pretty people in this city, and I swear
Some of them are girls
I meet 'em down at Barney's Beanery
In their platform shoes and spit curls
I buy 'em drinks, we stoke our hopes

And try to make it one more night
When I'm left alone at last
I feel like I'll die from crying

[chorus]

I know Kris and Rita and Marty Mull (note 1)
Are meeting at the Troubadour
We'll get it on with the "Joy Of Cooking"
While the crowd calls out for more
Around six o'clock this morning
I'll be gettin' kind of slow
When all the shows are over, honey, tell me
Where do you think I go?

[chorus]

Till the next line comes along

Notes
(1) in rehearsals with Old And In The Way, Peter Rowan sang

I know all the stars in Hollywood
Are meeting at the Troubador
We'll get it on with the band that's playing there
While the crowd calls out for more
__________________________________________________________________
Source: http://www3.clearlight.com/~acsa/introjs.htm?/~acsa/songfile/LONESMLA.HTM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home