Blog of Laughter and Forgetting (Few Hundred Words of Garbage)

Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Only Jew Who Made a Buck offa 'Hitler'

Due to the terrible atrocities on the Jewish people in Europe for about 200o years that culminated into the Holocaust, the Jewish people are very (rightfully) sensitive about any humor that concerns them; based on my personl experience, I can say that many of them detest anything that even remotely hints of anti-Semitism.

And so, some of the following quotes by US moviemaker Mel Brooks came to be as a bit of a suprise. However, I quote them here because, in my opinion, they'tre real funny.

"Look at Jewish history. Unrelieved lamenting would be intolerable. So, for every ten Jews beating their breasts, God designated one to be crazy and amuse the breast-beaters. By the time I was five I knew I was that one."

"I'm the only Jew who ever made a buck offa 'Hitler' !"

"I cut my finger. That's tragedy. A man walks into an open sewer and dies. That's comedy."
_______________________________________________________________
Source: http://imdb.com/name/nm0000316/bio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home