Blog of Laughter and Forgetting (Few Hundred Words of Garbage)

Friday, April 01, 2005

Part Samurai, Part Ronin*

I've always been fascinated by clowns.

Perhaps the Hindi movie,"Mera Naam Joker", planted into my heart my fascination for clowns. I was never sure why I liked them; but when a self-proclaimed clown won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1997, I felt that my fascination was somehow justified.

And then in 2004, I learned about another clown, who was sometimes a Samurai, and a Ronin at other times. When I first saw him, he was a loser Samurai. But within a few minutes of his appearance, one could guess that though a loser, he was not to be taken lightly. He proved my guess to be correct within the next hour or so. Thereafter, I saw him as both Samurai and Ronin at different times. And each time, my fascination for the clown grew!

I'm sure, I'm not the only one to feel so; he probably fascinated millions of others who saw him in action.

*In memorium: Toshiro Mifune (1st April, 1920-1997)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home