Blog of Laughter and Forgetting (Few Hundred Words of Garbage)

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Importance of Being Shameless!

BH and SS talking
My computer suddenly started talking in Greek yesterday. I mean, it suddenly declared that there were some spywares in it. As usual, I was pissed off; but having no knowledge about such things I decided to wait for JA. When I chekced for him, he was already gone, and so I decided to wait for him.

Today, when I checked for JA, A let me know that he won't be in until the 16th of May, as he was getting married.

Having no other option, I went to BH (Dr. BH, to be precise) and asked him to have a look at the computer. He did and told me that there were spywares in my computer.

Meanwhile, I emailed my friend, SS, who works with the ISD as a system security manager (or something like that), and asked if he would come down for 10 minutes. He asked me to call him back and then promised that he would come down soon. He did so; however, the 10 minutes extended to 2 hours.

Among them, BH and SS downaloded anti-virus and system security softwares and put the computer on a virus check. SS promised to come down again on Monday and check for spywares.

The moral of the story: be shameless.

If I were an European or an American with Western sensibilities, I won't have ever asked SS to come down; my ethos would have perhaps prevented me from using a friend. But being from a differnt land/culture (and a selflish person at that), I could still call a friend, take the liberty to address him with the choicest Punjabi abuses, and then demand of him to come down and check my computer. When SS informed me that he should charge me $100 an hour, I had the audacity to use even more sophisticated abuses, which apparently kept him amused!

Oh, how I love shamelessness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home