Blog of Laughter and Forgetting (Few Hundred Words of Garbage)

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Think of the Don (and Lulu is there!)

(Lulu with her friends)
Don Lulu Bolivar (I'm joking, she is just Lulu; though she was born on 17th Dec., the day Don Simon Bolivar died) is a friend from Mexico. I met her online in 1999. I used to chat in Cyberspace then, and suddenly someone called lulu sent me a request for talk. It was Unix machine, and talk was the program we used back then. Yahoo messenger had either just, or not yet, arrived. My login was, in a way, androgynous, a reason I found many people were eager to chat with me.

Lulu, however, just logged on for the first time and was trying to check what it had to offer. We had a chat. She did not know much English back then; but then she never studied English at the level we had to. We continued to chat, and then moved on to Yahoo messenger.

Over the years, I came to know about two more Lulu's. One is the woman who sang the theme song in "To Sir With Love", the other being a poem by Orhan Veli Kanik. However, I still prefer the original Lulu.

Meanwhile, Lulu studied history, did her Bachelors and then went to do a Masters. She plans to do a PhD. For the past one year or so, we have been out of touch, but I'm sure I will again hear from her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home