Blog of Laughter and Forgetting (Few Hundred Words of Garbage)

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Jerk vs. Moron: An Introspection

It's for quite sometime that I have been trying to ask myself whether I am simply a jerk or a moron. I could be a jerk because I write nonsense comments on others' blogs; but then I should also be a moron, because I myself write a blog!

Finally, after lots of not doing anything about it, I looked at the Miriam Webster online dictionary and found the following:
_________________________________________________________________
Main Entry: jerk
Pronunciation: 'j&rk
Function: noun
Etymology: probably alteration of yerk
1 : a single quick motion of short duration
2 a : jolting, bouncing, or thrusting motions b : a tendency to produce spasmodic motions
3 a : an involuntary spasmodic muscular movement due to reflex action b plural : involuntary twitchings due to nervous excitement
4 : an annoyingly stupid or foolish person
5 : the pushing of a weight from shoulder height to a position overhead in weight lifting
__________________________________________________________________
Main Entry: mo·ron
Pronunciation: 'mor-"än
Function: noun
Etymology: irregular from Greek mOros foolish, stupid
1 usually offensive : a mildly mentally retarded person
2 : a very stupid person
__________________________________________________________________
Now while I know it all along that I'm mildly mentally retarded, annoying and foolish, I am not exactly a stupid person. Come on! All them guys in suit at the Universities, who gave me degrees, cannot be stupids. I mean, if they can bestow degrees on a stupid, they are stupid too. How can that be possible? But then AKB always insisted, "Any donkey can have a degree."

Really, this leaves me fully confused. Am I a a moron or a jerk? Or am I both? Or none? Kind of Schroedinger's cat situation? Or that of a vius, which is both dead and alive, and both organic and inorganic!

Confusing....

1 Comments:

Blogger Antara Mukherji said...

you funny comments on usha's post got me here... are you a stand up comedian or something? : )

3:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home