Blog of Laughter and Forgetting (Few Hundred Words of Garbage)

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Outlaw at 73!


I have always objected to my friend, X's (not the real initial of her name) smoking pot. Her defense is standard: she smokes pot only once a while; my counter argument is standard: by smoking, a woman not only harms her health, but also that of her kids when she has them.

And yet, whenever I talk to her about Willie Nelson, I always mention the facts that he did not pay taxes for long, and that he smokes pot and even went on the radio to ask people to protest against the ban on marijuana.

So, one day she hit me directly: why do you object to my smoking pot, while you seem to glorify Willie's smoking pot? I did not have a convincing answer to that!

However, the fact remains that I like Willie Nelson's voice and music, and consider myself a fan of him.

Happy Birthday, Willie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home