Blog of Laughter and Forgetting (Few Hundred Words of Garbage)

Monday, November 29, 2004

On Mother and Friendship*

He told me things books may not teach:
......he taught me from the book of life;
.............he gave me the working definition of friendship,
..................and that of the relationship of a son to his mother.
___________________________________________________________________
Mamma said:
==========
'When I was pregnant in jail, I thought I was gonna have a baby and the baby would never be with me but I was acquitted a month and three days before he (sic) was born, I was real happy, because I had a son...'
___________________________________________________________________

On Mother
========
"I ain't guilty 'cause even though I sell rocks
It feels good puttin money in yo mailbox
I love payin rent when the rent's due
I hope you got the diamond necklace that I sent to ya
'cause when I was low you was there for me
You never left me alone because you care for me
And I can see you comin' home after work late
Ya in the kitchen tryin to fix us a hot plate
You jus' workin with the scraps you was given
And momma made miracles every Thanksgivin'
But now the road got rough you're alone
Ya tryin' to raise two bad kids on your own"

*******************************************
"And there's no way I could pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand.
You are appreciated
Dear Momma
You are appreciated"
******************************************
On Friendship:
==========
"I hung around with the thugs,
And even though they sold drugs,
They showed a young brotha love.
I moved out and started really hangin'
I need money of my own so I started slangin'......"
___________________________________________________________________
"Books are worthless", Abrenuncio said in good humor, "life has helped me to cure diseases that other doctors cause with their medicines." - from, "Del Amor y Otros Demonios (Of Love And Other Demons)"

*In memorium: Tupac Shakur (1971-1996)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home